- Emergency Repairs 24 hours completion (Examples are non secure external door, damaged locks, burst pipework or electrical fault)
- Urgent Repairs 4 working day completion (Examples are storm damage to roof or faulty circulating pump)
- Routine Repairs 24 working days completion(Examples are minor plaster cracks, easing of doors or broken handles)
We are Responsible for most repairs and maintenance work, but there are some minor repairs are expect you to carry out yourself.
As a general guide the Association is Responsible for:
- The structure and outside fittings of your home, including drains and outside pipes
- The fittings for the supply of water for electricity
- The Fixtures e.g.. Sinks, baths
- Heating Appliances e.g.. Oil fitted boiler etc.
As a general guide the tenants is responsible for:
- Internal decoration
- Repairs caused by damage either deliberate or accidental. eg. tampering with boiler settings or no oil in the system. If we are requested to organise these repairs you may be charged for the works involved.
- Repairs or replacement of keys, fuses and light bulbs etc.
- Regular attendance to gardens (if applicable).
The Right To Improve Your Home
You have the right to make improvements to your home but you must ask the Housing Association's permission first. The Association will consider each application on its merits alterations that would make your home less safe or would reduce its value will not be given consent.
Improvement in this case means any alterations or additions to your accommodation and includes:
- Any addition or alteration to the Housing Association's fixtures and fittings, or to do with the services provided, e.g. putting in a new kitchen sink.
- Putting up a radio, TV antennae or satellite dish.
- Carrying out external decortaion.
The Association cannot unreasonably refuse you permission to make improvements but may make certain conditions, for example, that work is carried out to a proper standard or by a registered professional.