Filter FAQs

We've found: 8 Questions

Page 1 of 1 «
Q. How do I make a Complaint?
We value your opinion and want to ensure you receive a great service from us. Of course, sometimes things go wrong – when they do, we want to hear from you.
You can make a complaint by:
  •       Completing the online complaints from below.
  •       Contacting Rural by telephone on 02882246118
  •       In person at our office
  •       By e-mailing Rural at
  •       www.info@ruralhousing.co.uk
  •       Appointing Another Person To Act On Your Behalf?
Our complaints procedure, policy and complaints form is downloadable here
Q. How do I apply for Housing?
If you are applying for housing and you are currently living in Northern Ireland, you can download the housing/transfer application form. You can also get a form from your local Housing Executive or housing association office. You should return the form to the Housing Executive office responsible for the area where you live, or return it to your nearest housing association office who will then send it to the correct office.

Alternatively you can download the Housing/Transfer application form here
Q. How do I request a Transfer?
If you are a housing association tenant wishing to transfer then you should contact your housing association who will forward you a transfer application form and arrange for you to be visited.

Alternatively you can download the Housing /Transfer application form here
Q. Can I Buy my Home?
You can buy your Housing Association home if you have at least five years tenancy, either with the Housing Association or a qualifying landlord. You can request an application form and advice booklet from the office at 02882246118 or e-mail ayoung@ruralhousing.co.uk 
Q. How often do I pay my Rent?
Rent is charged on a weekly basis. You can choose to pay your rent weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Rent should be paid two weeks in advance in accordance with your tenancy agreement.
Q. How can I access my Rent Account?
We issue rent statements to all our tenants every quarter. You can also contact a member of the housing management team to request a rent statement at any time. In addition we have provided a new facility on our website to enable our tenants to log in and access their rent statements and repair records online. For further information, please contact a member of our housing management team.
Q. What should I do if I fall behind with my rent?
If your rent account falls into arrears you should contact us as soon as possible for advice and assistance. You will be treated with fairness and confidentiality at all times. If you are in receipt of income support, or on a low income, you should claim Housing Benefit. The amount you can get will depend on your circumstances, but even if you are working you may be eligible for assistance. If you are not receiving Housing Benefit already, or unsure if you are eligible, it might be worthwhile applying. Please contact us or your local District office for further advice and an application form.

There are a number of ways we can help. These include:
  • arranging for your rent to be paid directly to us from certain benefits
  • making an agreement with you to clear arrears by payment of regular instalments along with your current rent and rates charge and offer continued support during this period
  • referring you to the Citizens Advice Bureau for specialist money advice, if appropriate
Q. If I report a fault how long will it take for repair
We have a tiered fault repair system.


Keep up to date by registering for our newsletter

Straight to...

Partners & Services